Weekly Hearthstone Roundup #17 (Apr 7 – Apr 13)
Last month in review:
Weekly Hearthstone Roundup is a series summarizing last week in Hearthstone. By making a compilation of the news regarding game, teams, pro players, ladder, community etc. we try to make catching up easier for those of you who don’t follow the HS news every day.
If you feel that we’ve missed something important or that we didn’t properly cite the source, let us know in the comments and we’ll fix it right away.
P.S. Sorry for missing the last week, I was really busy because of the Un’Goro release and I had to cover more “interesting” topics
- Journey to Un’Goro is out! – But you all know that already :p
- Hearthstone Standard Ranking for March 2017 was released. You can check it out here: Americas, Europe
- Hearthstone Wild Ranking for March 2017 was released. You can check it out here: Americas, Europe
- Top 100 Arena Players Ranking for March was released. You can check it out here: Americas, Europe
- Choose Your Champion – Collegiate National Finals – Collegiate National Finals will happen soon, but you can already choose your Champion and earn packs for each time the team you’ve picked wins. You earn 1 Gadgetzan pack just for voting, and you can get extra pack if your team gets to the semi-finals and finals (up to 3 in total). Voting ends on April 20.
- HearthPwn: You can erupt the Volcano on Un’Goro board – Every new game board is full of “clickable” objects and sometimes a few Secrets. This time around, you can blow up the Volcano if you press the leaves and drums on the bottom right corner in the right order. You can try to discover it for yourself or just read the instructions!
- HearthPwn: This Week’s Tavern Brawl Is: Valeera’s Bag of Burgled Spells – You play a deck full of random spells from all classes. After you cast a spell, you summon a minion of the same cost. It’s very similar to the Battle of Tol Barad, but instead of creating your own deck, you play with random ones. It’s the second time we’ve seen that Brawl.
- Ben Brode notes they are in final design for the next expansion, initial design for the following and concepting for the one after.
- TempoStorm has released a new Standard Meta Snapshot (14-04-2017) – Tempo Storm’s Meta Snapshot is back after a short break for the Un’Goro release. According to the creators, those are the top decks in the current meta. Tier 1: Pirate Warrior, Miracle Rogue, Taunt Warrior and Quest Rogue. Tier 2: Dragon Priest, Zoo Warlock, Midrange Hunter, Freeze Mage, Aggro Druid, Midrange Paladin, Aggro Mage, Purify Priest and Murloc Paladin.
- HearthSim, the team behind Hearthstone Deck Tracker, has updated the HSReplay.net site – On the new site, you can find the most popular deck lists, their win rates, statistics + more categories like trending decks. You get access to even more option if you’re willing to buy premium. The site is really great for people looking for a new deck to play, or wanting to improve their mulligan or deck building skills (it shows that even a slight change in the deck list might end up with a big win rate difference).
- Budget Un’Goro Decks for All Classes
- THRONE of CARDS IV – Top 8 Decklists
- Collegiate National Championship will take place between April 22 and April 23 – There are only 8 teams left, and they will all battle for their share of $160,000 in scholarships. The event will be hosted by Dan “Frodan” Chou, while the games will be casted by 3 duos: Brian Kibler + Robert Wing,Cora “Songbird” Georgiou and Nathan “ThatsAdmirable” Zamora, and winners of 2017 “So You Think You Can Cast” – Justin “JV” Varghese and Nabil “Nebtune” Pervez.
- HearthPwn: Hearthstone Global Games have started! – Team from 48 different countries will face each other in the Best of 5 format. Week 1 of Group Stage has taken place between April 11 and 13, but there is still a lot of action to come – group stage will last for 10 more weeks. New matches will be played every Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday.
- GosuGamers: Anybody will be able to win the Ferrari at CN vs. EU 2017, Europe’s line-up confirmed
- GosuGamers: ESL African Championship announcement
- New episodes of the most popular Hearthstone podcasts were released: The Angry Chicken #205, Golden Wisp #121, Value Town #117, Lightforge #88, The Innervated #78
- Polygon: Hearthstone: Journey to Un’Goro expects players to spend too much to be competitive
- Fanart: Hearthstone Comic (Reno) before going to Wild
- Fanart: Lucio Cardback!
- Video: Funny and Lucky Moments Episodes: 236, 237, 238 and 239.
- Video: [Blizzard] Behind the Card | Amara: Warden of Hope
- Video: Toast plays Russian Roulette
- Video: Dog gets roped every turn in a curvestone match, can’t handle it.
- Video: [Hearthstone] How Good Is Un’Goro?
- Video: You can skip your opponent’s turn with the new Priest combo
- Video: Day Completes the Rogue Quest
- Video: Toast Finds Another Shadow Visions Bug
- Video: Zetalot gets a bit lucky
- Video: Kripp Plays Around Meteor
- Video: Toast got Vanished
- Video: CoL.Asmodai with the miracle play
- Video: Umbra and Spirit Echo are fun in Wild
- Video: When Two Tar Creepers Fight
If there are any more news from last week we might have missed, let us know in the comments. And, once again, if you have any suggestions for this series (or for the site in general!) we’d really appreciate if you’d let us know.
Good luck on the ladder and until next time!