Weekly Hearthstone Roundup #24 (May 26 – Jun 1)
Last month in review:
Weekly Hearthstone Roundup is a series summarizing last week in Hearthstone. By making a compilation of the news regarding game, teams, pro players, ladder, community etc. we try to make catching up easier for those of you who don’t follow the HS news every day.
If you feel that we’ve missed something important or that we didn’t properly cite the source, let us know in the comments and we’ll fix it right away.
- Hearthstone Update – June 1 – The game was just updated! Most of the changes are the QoL things that were announced earlier. You can now export/import decks, finish Quests when playing vs friends, ranked wins are tracked over 500. Plus a bunch of other small things, like: alternate Heroes golden borders disappeared unless you have 500 ranked wins with the given Hero, Gold and non-Gold cards now stack in the deck creation manager, Bloodmage Thalnos and Deathwing have got new animations, you can play with normal cards in Arena even if you have Gold copies, some game boards are now Wild-exclusive and a bunch of other small changes. On top of that, a few bugs were fixed.
- Hearthstone June 2017 Ranked Play Season has started! – New ranked season has started. It’s the third ranked season in the latest expansion. By getting rank 20 in any format during this season, you’ll be awarded with Magic of Dalaran card back.
- HearthPwn: This week’s Tavern Brawl is: Randomonium! – It’s the sixth time we can play this Brawl, it first appeared on October 14, 2015. You pick a class and get a completely randomized deck (there are no limits on the number of copies of a single card – you can have more than 2 copies of the same non-Legendary and more than 1 Legendary). Each turn mana cost of the cards in your hand is also randomized, but it can’t be higher than the initial cost. It’s best to mulligan for the high mana cost cards and hope that you will be able to play them early!
- Vicious Syndicate: Data Reaper Report #50 is out! – Here are top decks from the last week according to the Vicious Syndicate. All Ranks: Pirate Warrior, Token Shaman, Murloc Paladin, Secret Mage, Midrange Paladin, Control Paladin, Token Druid and Elemental Shaman. Legend Rank: Secret Mage, Murloc Paladin, Crystal Rogue, Pirate Warrior, Token Shaman, Token Druid, Burn Mage and Control Paladin.
- MetaStats: Un’Goro Meta Snapshot #7 (May 22 – May 28)
- You can check out a currently trending deck for each class on the HSReplays.net site! – The site offers a selection of decks that have been rising to popularity in the last 48h. Those might not be the best builds, but they’re the ones you should be seeing on the ladder more and more right now. For a compilation of the decks in general, check out the “Decks” section.
- HearthPwn: Hearthstone Global Games Week 8 – Teams from 48 different countries will face each other in the Best of 5 format. Week 8 of Group Stage has taken place between May 30 and June 1, but there is still a lot of action to come – group stage will be played for many weeks and then play-offs will happen. You can watch new matches live every Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday on the official PlayHearthstone channel. If you’ve missed the action, you can also watch the VoDs from every match!
- GosuGamers: Muzzy is the Americas Spring Champion – Muzzy has won Americas Spring Playoffs and became Americas Spring Champion. He will compete with players from the other regions in Shanghai, China in the HCT Spring Championship between July 7-9, joined by other players who got to top 4: DiegoDias, Ant and Kuonet. There is still one more Playoff left to go, Asia-Pacific Playoffs will happen over the course of this weekend!
- SeatStory Cup returns this summer!
- New episodes of the most popular Hearthstone podcasts were released: The Angry Chicken #212, Golden Wisp #128, Value Town #123, Lightforge #95, OmniStone #2
- Game Haus: Hearthstone’s Cost Problem
- HearthHead: The Art of Rafael Zanchetin, The Creator of Purify
- Reddit: Top Cards of the Week from /u/CustomHearthstone (04/22/2017)
- Art: 3D Printed Hearthstone Cards
- Video: Mulligans | Episode 3 – Gul’dan Selects a Queen
- Video: Funny And Lucky Moments – Hearthstone – Ep. 248, 249 and 250
- Video: Un’goro Trip – A Hearthstone cartoon
- Video: UTHER v UTHER – An Animated Hearthstone Song
- Video: That was a mistake – DisguisedToast
- Video: Glitch: Majordomo + Alexstraza + Amara = Instant Death
- Video: Trump Enters the World of 0-2
- Video: Skill based game
- Video: SuperJJ Pulls off a HUGE Devolve
- Video: Asmo devolves, or evolves
- Video: life on hearthstone #1 – inadequacy
- Video: Life on Hearthstone – Part 2
- Video: Hafu makes a game changing play
- Video: Kolento – “Bow down to the God of Death”
- Video: Senfglas gets devolved while playing Ramp Druid
- Video: Shadybunny with an incredible arena victory
- Video: Zetalot shows how to beat Quest Rogue
- Video: The Great Taunt
- Video: Disguised Toast – Reaching Legend with a F2P Deck! (Journey to Un’Goro)
- Video: Deck Doctor #5! C’Thun Rogue
- Video: [Kripp] Un’Goro Arena Cards I Hate The Most
- Video: I think my Stonehill Defender is silent now…
- Video: Hearthstone Mythbusters 35
If there are any more news from last week we might have missed, let us know in the comments. And, once again, if you have any suggestions for this series (or for the site in general!) we’d really appreciate if you’d let us know.
Good luck on the ladder and until next time!