Weekly Hearthstone Roundup #25 (Jun 2 – Jun 8)
Last month in review:
Weekly Hearthstone Roundup is a series summarizing last week in Hearthstone. By making a compilation of the news regarding game, teams, pro players, ladder, community etc. we try to make catching up easier for those of you who don’t follow the HS news every day.
If you feel that we’ve missed something important or that we didn’t properly cite the source, let us know in the comments and we’ll fix it right away.
- Top Hearthstone Players – May 2017 – Americas – New top 200 list has been released. You can check out what ranks did players achieve in the last season in all of the formats – Standard, Wild and Arena. Blizzard has finally merged those 3 lists into a single post!
- Top Hearthstone Players – May 2017 – Europe – Similarly, top 200 players in each format, but this time for Europe.
- Blizzard will be coming to the gamescom 2017 – gamescom will take place between August 22-26 in Cologne, Germany and Blizzard will be present. We should expect some announcements and a lot of esports action, with every popular Blizzard game present (Hearthstone, WoW, Diablo 3, Starcraft 2, Heroes of the Storm and Overwatch).
- Blizzard is reminding customers to keep their accounts secure with the Blizzard authenticator – It’s the feature I can recommend. It’s free (I remember the times where you could buy a physical authenticator – I don’t know if you still can) and it protects your account. You only need to use it when you log in first time from the new device or after a reinstall. And it basically makes your account much, much more secure.
- HearthPwn: Ben Brode shares some initial Naxxramas card designs – It’s really interesting to see how the initial concepts have evolved into what was the final product. They had some cool ideas, some of them were reused (e.g. Shatter) and some can still be used in the future!
- HearthPwn: This week’s Tavern Brawl is: Just a Hallucination – It’s the first time we’re seeing this Brawl. No deck building, you just pick a class and you get a deck filled with random spells from your class and multiple copies Hallucination. Each player starts at 3 mana. Remember that this time around, you’re picking class as much for yourself as for your opponent. Your class choice determines what your opponent can pick from Hallucination. So you can pick a class with strong spells and take advantage of the random spells you’re getting – e.g. Mage – but at the same time you make your opponent’s Discover stronger. Or you can pick a class that has weak (on average) or synergistic cards, like Warlock or Shaman, and force your opponent to pick from random cards from this weaker class.
- Vicious Syndicate: Data Reaper Report #51 is out! – Data Reaper Report allows you to compare all of the meta decks to each other in terms of popularity, win rates, individual matchups etc. You can also always read about the new updates to the deck lists, best tech choices, meta changes etc. It’s an incredibly useful resource for anyone trying to be competitive at Hearthstone.
- Vicious Syndicate: Wild Data Reaper Report is coming! – Folks at vS have just announced that they’ll be doing another meta report, but this time on the Wild meta. The first report is coming out this Sunday, so if you enjoy playing the mode, stay tuned!
- Tempo Storm: Standard Meta Snapshot #31 is out!
- MetaStats: Un’Goro Meta Snapshot #8 (May 29 – Jun 4)
- You can check out a currently trending deck for each class on the HSReplays.net site! – The site offers a selection of decks that have been rising to popularity in the last 48h. Those might not be the best builds, but they’re the ones you should be seeing on the ladder more and more right now. For a compilation of the decks in general, check out the “Decks” section.
- HearthPwn: Hearthstone Global Games Week 9 – Teams from 48 different countries will face each other in the Best of 5 format. Week 9 of Group Stage has taken place between June 6 and June 8, but there is still a lot of action to come – first group stage is coming to an end, but it will be followed by the second group stage and then the PlayOffs. You can watch new matches live every Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday on the official PlayHearthstone channel. If you’ve missed the action, you can also watch the VoDs from every match!
- HearthPwn: StarLadder Season 3 Finals Survival Guide – Finals of the third season of StarLadder will happen this weekend, June 9-11. 8 great players from around the world will compete for their share of $30,000 prize pool.
- HearthPwn: Asia-Pacific Spring Playoffs are finished, we know who goes to the Shanghai! – Now that all of the regional championships are finished, we know who will represent each region in the Hearthstone Spring Championship in Shanghai. Mage was crowned the Asia-Pacific Spring Champion, following his nearly flawless run through the bracket (with the 3-0 sweep in the Finals). He will be joined by Tredsred, CitzenNappa and Kranich in the Sprint Championship Finals.
- New episodes of the most popular Hearthstone podcasts were released: The Angry Chicken #213, Golden Wisp #129, Value Town #124, Lightforge #96, OmniStone #3
- PC Gamer: At home with the Kiblers: A profile of Brian, Nat, (and Shiro).
- Cosplay: Sylvanas Cosplay [Fantasy Closet]
- Reddit: An Excessive and Thorough Analysis of Kripp’s Appearance on Youtube
- Reddit: Top Cards of the Week from /r/CustomHearthstone (06/03/2017)
- Video: Hearthstone: Mulligans | Episode 4 – Art Gallery
- Video: Kripp presses the button
- Video: Kripp Presses The Button (EDITED)
- Video: Reynad loses a brawl
- Video: The Switcheroo OTK
- Video: Guardians of the Aggro
- Video: Firebat lethal puzzle
- Video: Reynad gets hit highlight
- Video: Alexa Reminds Reynad of Ysera
- Video: Day9 with another sick play
- Video: Hotform faces down an insane Evolve
- Video: (Amaz) Wait, we won?
- Video: Life on hearthstone- the grind (Episode 3)
- Video: Life on Hearthstone – Me too, little chip
- Video: Life on Hearthstone – Finale
- Video: The Great Jade Peace Treaty
- Video: Reynad gets Yogg’d
- Video: Thijs concedes for the opponent
- Video: MILL OTK – 500 Rogue Wins Special
- Video: Thijs devolve + volcano hilarity
If there are any more news from last week we might have missed, let us know in the comments. And, once again, if you have any suggestions for this series (or for the site in general!) we’d really appreciate if you’d let us know.
Good luck on the ladder and until next time!